Wednesday, October 21, 2015

This might be the cutest thing ever...

Things have been a little rocky in third grade lately, and the thing I have come to recognize is that my students feel stressed out just like I do. I decided to share a little guided meditation with them, and they LOVED it!  Here's a few pictures:



Aren't they cute?!?  They sat there with their eyes closed, listening to the voice guide them through the the meditation. Once we were done one student said she felt like she was floating. Another said he felt so much better and asked if we could do it everyday :). I guess we all need a bit of peace and quiet in our day, even 8 year olds. 

I am really grateful that I embarked on this journey (not that it's done). I would not have discovered this if not for it. 


2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Surprised that they actually sat and participated! more than I can say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This should be implemented in all college courses!

    Sometimes all we need is a few minutes of peace to relax and rejuvenate, and thats exactly what I will do at this moment before continuing on in reading the rest of everyone's blogs. Thanks Barbara!

    ReplyDelete