When I last checked in, I was excited to attend another yoga class, this time with my daughter, Hazel. She is (gasp!) a teen now (13 does count) and not always jazzed to spend time with mom, so when she mentioned that she wanted to go with me I jumped at the chance. We got her a yoga mat (see previous post for the story behind that), she checked with me 3 times to make sure her outfit was appropriate (she's not a fashionista, or a diva, but she was nervous and wanted to fit in), and we made sure she had her own water bottle.
I had a few concerns about her age, so I tried to call the studio and confirm that she could attend, but they never answered. I decided to roll the dice and just go. It's not like she's 5, I rationalized.
When we showed up at the studio, the instructor called the owner to make sure that Hazel could practice with us. Apparently, her insurance only covers people 18 and over, so no yoga that day.
We were pretty bummed, and in the back of my mind, I wondered if my goal to explore yoga was doomed. Pretty much every roadblock you can imagine keeps popping up. I'm not quite ready to give up yet, but I'm am having doubts.
No comments:
Post a Comment