Last year my amazing best friend, Elizabeth, suggest gentle, or restorative yoga. Now, one year later (can you tell I'm a procrastinator?) I'm ready to explore yoga and see if it helps. Fingers crossed.
Here are the tools of the trade (I think!), yoga mat and water bottle to stay hydrated.
Tonight I'm going to my first gentle yoga class. I'll keep you posted.

Let me know how it goes Barbara. Let me know how I can help.
ReplyDeleteYoga has both its physical and psychological benefits (or so I've heard!). I have done it before as a part of my Stress Management Class (PSYC 137) and all the different poses exposed the fact that a lot of my muscles were tight. I am sure that engaging in yoga regularly will help you relax and even hopefully help you recover, or at least help, with your injury. My blog is about sleeping so yoga might even help me sleep better; but for now, I will keep stick to what I am currently able to accommodate in my schedule! I look forward to seeing your progress throughout these weeks.
ReplyDeleteGood luck on your adventure Barbara! Happy to take the class with you next week ;) Oh and get there early as the class gets full. Enjoy! I'll be checking out your progress 😊
ReplyDeleteI applaud you with your attempt to do yoga. I tried it once and got too antsy about having to stay still for long periods of time lol I heard it's really good for the mind, body, and spirit! Good luck to you and I hope it helps your shoulder!
ReplyDeleteThat would be my next project :) I have been told that it will help with my back problems. I have yet to try it out. I hope it helps you with your injury.
ReplyDeleteWhere are you taking classes? I'm a big fan of the Yoga Seed - nonprofit and very inclusionary. :) Good luck!
ReplyDelete